Welcome!

Community Supports Payne Family After Fire

The Payne’s home was a complete loss.

One of a family?s worst nightmares happened to a well known Buffalo family last Tuesday night, September 26th, when their home caught fire and was a total loss.

Mark & Dusty Payne have four children -- McKayla, Piper, Freeman, and Ryker. They opened Stitches and Lil? Britches in 2010 and are huge supporters of the Bison and the Buffalo Community.

Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday night, five area Volunteer Fire Departments including Buffalo, Jewett, Oakwood, Flo, and Dew responded to a house fire at the Payne?s resident on Hwy 79 west of Buffalo. Fortunately, at the time of the fire, no one was home so there were no physical injuries.

The home, where the Payne family has made memories for the past 10 years, was a complete loss. The State of Texas Fire Marshall concluded that the fire was an electrical fire that began in the living room.

?We can?t thank the fire departments enough for all that they did for us and do for our community,? Dusty said. ?I am so blessed to live in Buffalo. There have been so many people that have been calling and stopping by the shop to support us after the fire. They have brought us so much including meals and money to help us. Our customers are our friends and we don?t know what we would do without them!?